The Unstoppable Awards were created by Dr. Anissa McNeil to assist foster youth to achieve their education goals.
We will award 7-9 foster youth with a scholarship ranging from $500.00 to $2,500.00 to attend a 4 year college/university or trade school. The award will be issued directly to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment in a college, university, or trade school and demonstrated financial need.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Applicant must be a foster youth and able to verify that you are a foster youth.
- Applicant must be a high school senior, attending school in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, or Riverside County.
- Applicant must anticipate completing high school in Spring 2017.
- Applicants GPA must range from a 2.3 – 3.2 and submit a transcript.
- Applicant must demonstrated how he or she has overcome significant obstacles or challenges.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation.
- Applicant may be currently or formerly on probation.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Saturday April 30, 2017. Applications must be post marked by Saturday, April 15, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted-no exceptions.
Semi-Finalist Interviews will be held on May 13, 2017 at Argosy University-Los Angeles 5230 Pacific Concourse Dr. Suite #200, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Finalist will be honored at: The Unstoppable Award Luncheon on
June 10, 2017 from 1-3pm
Brookside Golf & Country Club
1133 Rosemont Avenue
Pasadena CA 91103